Sleep Disorders Community

Clenched fists while Sleeping and Sleep paralysis

Hi!

I have recently noticed that I wake up every morning with tightly clenched fists and painful nail marks on my palm, which take close to an hour to go. The pain lasts longer than that. This has happened close to 5 to 6 times in the last few days. I do suffer from high levels of stress. When I am awake, I consciously try to cool down, relax and de-stress, but I am helpless when I am asleep because I don't know what I am doing.

Over the last few months I am also suffering from Sleep paralysis. This has happened around 10 to 12 times in the last 6 months approximately.

I can draw a line between the above symptoms and stress, but I am not sure how to deal with it. I also suffer from other symptoms of stress & depression like breathlessness, exhaustion, loss of appetite, loss of weight, hair fall. I also often tend to get emotional.

I am a person who looks cheerful from the outside but I do go through all of the above mentioned. I am 22 years old and weigh approx 52 kgs. I do not smoke or drink. On the whole, noone who knows me may believe that I go through this! I did go through relationship problems recently and I also have a stressful job.

Please help in any way you can..
I would see your md for some meds to calm you down, keep you from being so depressed and these meds also make you sleep like a dream.. That is what our MD's are for, they are there to help us when we feel bad.  Also try getting a good support group of people. Above all PRAY, sometimes the LORD puts things in our lives so we will turn to him for help.
Thank you for getting back to me..Resilient Mimi..
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?