Sleep Disorders Community

Constant Dreams/Nightmares

Can anyone please help me? I have always experienced vivid dreams since a child but the past few years have just been almost unbearable. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow, and my dreams feel like their are occuring throughout my sleep, I have nightmares too which are disturbing and scary, when I wake up I feel like the nightmare is still happening. I dont feel rested when I wake up at all and the content of my dreams sometimes gets my down. Im otherwise healthy, I dont smoke, drink, I exercise when I can but Im finding myself more and more tired each day. I am just wondering if anyone else experiences this?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of seeing things could be due to  sleep disorders “Nightmare” or "Night terror" disorders . Here the person experiences symptoms of bad, frightening dreams which interfere with his sleep schedules. This can be assessed by a sleep questionnaire and therapy is based on the severity of symptoms.

Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behavior disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. This is diagnosed with a sleep study. Please consult your primary care physician if problem persists.

In the meantime, follow good sleep hygiene measures like going to bed at the same time, waking up at the same time, smoking and caffeinated beverages. Maintain warm, comfortable bedroom environment and engage in relaxing activities like a warm bath before bed time. This will reduce the severity of your symptoms.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?