Dreams/Nightmares that feel real and I can't wake myself up

Okay, So every now and then I will have a dream or dreams that really scare me. Pretty much its a dream I'm having and I'm myself... in my bed. In my dream I will open my eyes and see human figures but usually I can't tell who it is. If I can't its dark like a shadow. Sometimes its one, or sometimes it a few figures. These dreams/visions always happen just as I'm falling asleep (ya know when your mind starts to wonder right before you doze off, eyes are closed and everythign but you are still conscious).... that stage is when I realize that I'm about to have one of these scary dreams. so I'll either opt to stay awake or turn the lights on for a minute then try to sleep again. The most recent one I had, I was asleep in my bed with my boyfriend...in the dream I opened my eyes and I saw out of the corner of my room a strange figure of a man walking towards my bed.... I cant do anything, I cant move and I can't talk... at this point I'm scared and I know I am ony dreaming. Well I try to wake my self up I try so hard to be able to speak and call my boyfriends name... and this is all while i'm asleep... that right as I wake up I blurt out a noise( the kidna noise you would make if you were trying really hard at something but not saying anything and then all of a sudden noise comes out) It's so frustrating. And in the dream I feel paralyzed like I can't even get up and run. All I can do is lay there... and If I don't wake up before the person gets to me... I can feel the "person" on top of me... literally..I feel their breathe... I feel it all... and what gets me is I KNOW I'm dreaming... and i try to wake up but I cant. and even though I'm aware that I'm dreaming I still know that I'm feeling whoever is on my bed or whatever)
The first time I had one of these very realistic dreams was a couple years ago the night after I drank mooshine for the first time.... ha yeah. (Basically I had a really bad case of the spins alll day the next day and I felt completely out of whack) Well that night as I just went to sleep I was dreaming that I was driving a car and the wheel starting to slowly turn to the left and right as I was about to hit a car my body jerked and I woke up. I stayed awake for a min or 2 then went back to sleep... thats when it all went down hill. The next dream I had... I was in my bed (by the way all these dreams are from my point of view...1st person) and I woke up to see a frightening girl with long black stringy hair and a horrible face, on her hands and knees on top of me just looking at me and breathing heavily.... I swear to god it felt so real.... The only thing I could think to do was hide under the blanket... but right before i drew the balnket over my eyes she slowly, very slowy moved her face inwards towards me. I knew I was dreaming but I could not wake up... Well once I did wake up... well I thought I did... I looked to the left of my bed and there was a about 3 people just sitting in my room... it didnt scare me at first cuz I thought I was awake and I figured maybe it is some freiends surprsiing me... but just as I tried to get a closer look a person who was laying on the floor next to my bed sat up right in my face! It scared the livivng **** outta me. that's when I really for real woke up. Anways I couldnt go back to sleep for a few hours I was a little frightened... I felt as though I would get stuck in a dream like that... And I wanted to avoid haveing another one like that again... I did go to sleep that night however all of the lights in my room were on....
I know this is really long. But I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced the same thing or something similar. I'eve had more but I don't want to write a whole novel here but if someone can relate then please let me know!
i get the same dream. tonight i got one and felt like it was evil and trying to hurt me making gremlin sounds in my ear. I freak myself out easily by watching scary movies, but i felt like this was so real. I thought I was really awake even when I did actually wake up and then everything stopped. I dont know what to do?
Over I say five years mine got worse. I know exactly what you're talking about. You're not fully sleep or awake somewhere in between. Only what happened to me got worse. I started having dreams of random people. Then one day I woke up and ran into one of these people. I have no idea but since then I see places and people and eventually I run into them. The crazy thing is they seem to always know me. The ask have we met. How do you even begin to tell them that I seen you in a dream.
Hello, my name is Chris and I really just had a puzzling experience no more than 30 minutes ago.......The time now is 5:30 a,m in my time and this dream/feeling occurred that made me want to seek some answers. I had a dream about two dark figures of a man and a women walking into my bedroom, not just any bedroom is was my exact bedroom, they even had to diverge around the little table i have at the side of my bed, anyways, the woman kneeled and laid her head on my arm and placed her hand softly on my pillow, picture someone when they are weeping for a family member at the hospital, or at their old grandparents house when they are sick, now the strange part, the man than placed his hand on my shoulder, i can really still feel were he touched me, it was a strong presence, and he spoke these exact words to me, "When their parents are gone, you will have to take care of the children", I felt this paralyzing feeling as this occurred and was trying to wake up because I was scared , but the many attempts I tried at moving and asking my fiancee to wake me up, FAILED!!!! I really can still feel this man and woman's touch on my arm. This is the first time I have ever blogged or been in this kind of situation, I pride myself on not freaking out, or getting scared easily and I don't believe in this stuff, but tonight was different, and if anyone can please make an attempt to explain, or anyone who has shared this experience with me I would greatly appreciate some sort of explanation. Thank You
I HAVE FIGURED OUT A CORRELATION FACTOR IN HAVING SLEEP PARALYSIS!!!!  I've had these dreams as you guys have described for quite some time and figured out a huge correlation.  I have noticed that on days where I either do not have proper hydration and or have a huge salt intake I predispose myself to these dreams.  It may be very possible that staying well hydrated and watching your salt intake can stop dream paralysis.  I'm being serious.  This is the one link I have had every time I've experienced this!!! Tell me what you think and see if it helps you, I'd really like to know.  Dave.  Please email me with your experience at ***@****
email dtommd at gmail

You are reading content posted in the Sleep Disorders Community

Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.