Sleep Disorders Community

I thought my dream was real..

So I woke up in the middle of the night shaking and beginning to cry and I had dreamt that my friend was in some sort of accident and I was about to receive a call to say that he'd died and I thought it was real and continued to until he called me this afternoon...

Is that 'normal'?
What does it mean?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of seeing things could be due to  sleep disorders “Nightmare” or "Night terror" disorders . Here the person experiences symptoms of bad, frightening dreams which interfere with his sleep schedules. Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behavior disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams.

This is usually assessed by a set of questionnaires and the therapy is based on the severity of the disorder. If symptoms persist, I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.