My manifestation of sleep disorders

Lately i have encountered many disorders when going to bed, which is a bit concerning at the moment.
These disorders started around 6 months ago, with some rare occasions before that(not being able to move), my first one being increased heart rate thats very noticeable.
Right now, my usual episode goes like this : I feel a sudden shift in my perception, and my heart rate goes at an incredibly fast pace. Afterwards i can't move(sometimes i can but when i try to move, i get more anxious), and hell starts. Scary images pop out in my vision(hard to describle, mostly things out of a horror game) and sometimes whispering, that go on for about 30seconds - 1 minute. That whole time my anxiety levels were unmeasurable.
I have to mention that, when i feel the shift in perception, i already know that these fearful secondsa re gonna happen, but i still get scared.

The thinf that pushed me to make this post is that, right about 20 minutes ago i encountered my first exploding head syndrome. Sounds that sounded like emergency alarms, high pitched beeping and screams were going on repeat in my head. It was the worst thing i ever experienced regarding this topic(This whole thing was COMBINED with increased heartrate, inability to move and scary images).
Also this is my first time asking a question on a healthcare site so im sorry if i didnt formulate everything correctly.

If someone thinks these disorders are too frequent for my age(16) then please let me know and i ll go to the doctor as soon as possible.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I also want to add that i only get the disorders when im not listening to something. 90% of the time i go to sleep with my headphones plugged in, or with some music in the background, so i only encouter these when im going to sleep in complete silence. though when im not having my headphones, i can say that disorders  happen 50% of the time.
Helpful - 0
When I was your age currently (29) I'd fall asleep to music and experience some pretty intense dreams and upon waking up a noise like a woman screaming bloody murder would wake me up or a loud bang. These symptoms are signs of high stress levels and a anxiety disorder, as a child I would see creepy images upon waking up or hear clear as day someone talking in the hallway and whether it was my dad or my mother someone else I wasn't entirely certain being that my mom and my infant brother were sound asleep next to me and my dad was not home, but the voice sounded like my dad's and he was pounded on a door in the hallway, swearing at my infant brother. My mother and brother obviously couldn't here what I was hearing because they were sound asleep. I suffered from past symptoms as a infant into my early teen years because I was raised for the first two years of my life around my grandparents who fought all the time, screaming and hollering which lead to all the terror I'd experience upon waking up, sound would be overwhelming, I'd hear and see things and I'd be just overwhelmed and crying and slept walk a lot. This eventually went away and recently in the past five years I've been experiencing it again, but not like how I remembered it. Now it's a feeling of impending doom, struggling to grip reality, anxiety or panic attacks. I suggest since you are so young to do a sleep study where you'll be observed by a team of doctors who specialize in the brain and they can see what is causing your intense symptoms.
Helpful - 0
Hypnagogic hallucinations/sleep paralysis, common in narcolepsy and other sleep disorders—I suspect. Try to have a sleep study done. :)
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Sleep Disorders Community

Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.