Sleep Disorders Community

Myoclonus every 13 seconds...

My dad has sleep apnea and hep c. He has pretty much always had trouble sleeping. My mom called this am and said that she was watching him sleep and he started twitching, it was happening so much that she started timing these mini seizures and they were occurring every 13 seconds. I've been reading up on this and I think it's myoclonic seizures but my question is...does the 13second occurrence have some meaning or is this just a random act?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The timing may not be significant. It could be seizure activity, only an EEG (electroencephalogram) can help confirm this. This is done under the guidance of a neurologist. So, please have him evaluated for the same.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?