Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sleep Disorders Community
4.91k Members

Narcolepsy related to pain??

I was diagnosed with narcolepsy about 4 years ago after a sleep and multiple sleep latency test. I was on 40mg of ritalin during the day, and Lunesta for sleep at night. I only took these meds for several months before quitting d/t the awful way the ritalin made me feel. Anywho..that is just background.

Several months ago , just after I had my daughter,I started having sever foot pain, diagnosed at plantar fasciitis. After physical therapy for a couple months the pain was getting worse.....and then started the headaches (in the front of my head/sinuses, as well as the base of my skull). Followed closely by knee pain, severe hand pain to the point that by the end of the day it hurts to even grip a pencil or the steering wheel of my vehicle. I have also had extreme fatigue and exhaustion. I can barely make it through a day without napping. I am not depressed! I WANT to do things. However, I am in so much pain and so exhausted that I can barely take care of my children. I have lost time from work d/t all of these symptoms.

I am afraid to go to the doctor. I am worried that they will just blow it off, saying it's depression...or that it's all in my head. I KNOW that it's not all in my head....and it's getting harder to cope. I feel like I'm losing myself! Is there anything that would cause all of these symptoms together??
1 Responses
I should aslo mention that I am now only taking 10mg ambien to sleep at night. I never feel rested. I also have tried taking ib, tylenol, naproxen....with no relief from pain.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child