Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sleep Disorders Community
4.92k Members

Need help with my severe insomnia

I've always suffered from insomnia, but lately it's been really bad. Unlike in the past, I normally feel really tired and seem to have no problem "zoning out" (as opposed to obsessively worrying/thinking about things), but no matter how hard I try I just can't fall asleep! I've tried just about every remedy you normally hear about: no electronics before bed, no caffein after noon, deep breathing, medication, etc. But NOTHING seems to work!!! Medication helped for a little bit but lately that doesn't seem to be doing any good either. Please help! I've been getting, at most 4 hours of sleep each night and I need a solution!!
1 Responses
get some bloodwork done. Ferritin, Vitamin D, magnesium, B12

Check your vitamin D levels with 25OH vitamin D blood test. Low D and low magnesium cause cause insomnia, anxiety, depression, fatigue, dizziness, body pain, headaches, etc.

You want you D levels above 50ng/mL. You can supplement with D3 and magnesium
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child