Sleep Disorders Community

Seeing spirits/Waking up paralysed

Since a child i have always seen ghosts and spirits, suffered from nightmares and woken up paralysed, either feeling an evil presence or having someone climb on top of me. For the past  3 years i have had a full week of nightmares every month. When this occures i hate going to sleep and try and stay awake for as long as possible, which never happens as i fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Anyways  last night i woke up for no apparent reason, I could sense something at the end of my bed. I peeked out of the duvet and saw the face of a young girl but it was nothing i had ever seen before her face was like as if the moon was shining in a mirror but with no mirror just her face outline. I hide back under the duvet and decided to peek again. The same face was there again but this time she hide from me. At this point i was scared i tried to shout my mum but nothing would come out, but all of a sudden i had the urge to run. I shot up out of bed and ran for the door but what ever it was got angry and threw me back on the bed.
The weird thing is i didnt actually leave the bed it was like i was out my body and as she threw me back on the bed, I returned and she left.

Then an hour later i woke up paralysed i could feel an evil spirit and hear it breathing as it walked closer to me i tried the best to  move or open my eyes as i decided to do that, it left.

I really dont know if this was a spirit or not but it did feel as it did when i was a kid. The house was blessed about 4 years ago, but lately i've had a feeling there going to return.

How do you explain this to someone without been classed as mental?
Hi, welcome to the forum, such symptoms to this extent is quite rare and is usually associated with nightmares.

Nightmare disorder, or dream anxiety disorder, which is a sleep disorder characterized by frequent nightmares but seems unlikely in your case. Nightmare can be defined as type of a dream wherein the individuals will be left in a situation where it jeopardizes their life or personal safety, usually occur during the second half of the sleeping process, called the REM stage.

It can occur normally in persons. This sleep disorder can be managed by self by alleviating the home and personal life related stress particularly before going to bed.  A regular fitness routine, Yoga and meditation can also help to eliminate stress and create a more peaceful sleeping atmosphere and provides a relaxed state of mind. Take care and regards.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?