Sleep Disorders Community

Sleep Apnea/Disorder

I am a fifteen year old female, and I consecutively experience a large amount of fatigue and sleepiness during the day, which started about a year to a year and a half ago. I am wondering if this possibly could be caused by SA or any other sleep disorder.
I typically go to bed at around 9:30-10:30 PM and feel like I "sleep very well", but in the morning (around 7 - 8 am) I don't feel refreshed or awake. I have a hard time concentrating with schoolwork, am (reluctantly admitting) I usually obtain a cranky disposition, and I am more antisocial, mainly because I don't feel "up to things".
I eat decently healthy (organic, avoiding MSG, high fructose corn syrup, all the bad stuff). I exercise often; 3 to 4 times a week and high cardiovascular routines as well.
My mom is going to take me to a Sleep Apnea seminar, and possibly (if she feels I need it) a testing, so please don't suggest I "need to go to the doctor and be examined". I would just like some helpful explanations on whats going on.
Thank you for being awesome and understanding.
Hello! It is a great idea to go to a sleep specialist. I strongly believe that it could be some type of sleep disorder.  There are sleep disorders such as Narcolepsy  which is a condition that can develop in childhood or adolescent, and one can feel very tired, sleepy, cannot concentrate, and many other symptoms. Sleep apnea is when you stop breathing at night due to an obstruction while sleeping. A sleep study can help to figure out what's really going on. I hope this helps!
Thank you so much for your reply. My mom is actually taking me to a sleep specialist (actually he's a cardiologist/sleep specialist. Double whammy!) this week.
Sorry for not replying soon!
WizTeen
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.