Sleep Disorders Community

Sleep Paralysis SCHOOL PAPER

Are there ways to treat sleep paralysis?

Are doctors doing anything to find out more about SP?

I am a student at GCC and I am currently writting a paper on sleep paralysis. I suffer from sleep paralysis myself and am still up in the air about what it really is. I have suffered from sleep paralysis for about 5 years. Sometimes it occurs more frequetly. I moved in with my mother and she and I have expirienced SP together. In one episode she was being choked in her sleep and I was paralyzed and couldn't do any thing about it. We both woke up at the same time and she too said this happend. You can see why I am skeptical. I want all aspects of what SP included in my paper and I was hoping you could anwer my questions and give me some insight to what you think about it.
From our medical dictionary: http://www.medhelp.org/Medical-Dictionary/Terms/1/000801.htm
Isolated sleep paralysis is a type of paralysis associated with a sleep disorder. Sleep paralysis is the inability to perform voluntary muscle movements during sleep. Though it may be associated with narcolepsy, it occurs in many people who do not have narcolepsy.

Dr. Enoch Choi, MD
Palo Alto, CA
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?