Sleep Disorders Community

Talking to people who aren't there while you're half sleeping?

So, this is weird. It's something that has been plaguing me my whole life but comes in waves, and never is consistent. I will, how do I say, become aware in the middle of the night that I am having a full blown conversation, laughing, interacting, with a body (I see the person/people but never remember what they look like when I come to) and then suddenly they are gone. I do not see them disappear or anything like that, it's just one second this is all happening, and the next minute I realize I'm completely alone in my room.

Last night I awoke standing in the middle of my room chatting with someone, and then I wasn't and I was totally and fully awake. Following nights like this I wake up feeling extremely disoriented. I have no sense of time, of even sleeping, or where I am.  

I hope I am explaining this correctly. It's very difficult to describe. Thanks
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to hypnogogic hallucinations. This is the symptom of a sleep disorder called Narcolepsy. This sleep disorder is characterized by excessive day time sleepiness, sleep paralysis, cataplexy where the person has episodes of loss of muscle function while awake, hypnogogic hallucinations and automatic behavior. You will need to consult your primary care physician, who may schedule you for a polysomnogram (sleep test) to rule out sleep disorders and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?