Sleep Disorders Community

Waking up in the middle of the night??

These problems really started almost a year ago where I would literally jump out of bed. Sometimes it would be so bad that I would actually get a bruise on my leg or somewhere because I bumped into something. Luckily, it hasn't been this bad in a while. But lately, I'll sometimes sit up and look at the doorway of me and my husband's bedroom (this is what he tells me in the morning). When this happens, I might point or just say, "huh?", and then lay back down. It's so weird. Does anyone know what this is or what causes this?? The issue itself stresses me out and I find myself praying every night before bed that I'll have a peaceful sleep. Anyone else experience anything similar?
Hello and hope you are doing fine.

Understand your predicament. Disorders related to dreaming could occur with REM sleep behavior disorders. Here the person acts out the dreams. Your symptoms of seeing things could be due to  sleep disorders “Nightmare” or "Night terror" disorders . Here the person experiences symptoms of bad, frightening dreams which interfere with his sleep schedules. This is usually assessed by a set of questionnaires and the therapy is based on the severity of the disorder. I would advise you to discuss your symptoms with your primary care physician who may then refer you to a sleep specialist for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.