Sleep Disorders Community

Why am i waking up after only a few hours of sleep?

A few days ago I started waking up for no reason after just a few hours of sleep, hours before my alarm is supposed to go off.
I'm really concerned because this keeps happening and I don't know what's going on.
Please help!
Many things can cause such but you'd need to provide more details for anyone to guess..... a start to see if you need to talk with a doctor.  Sleep apnea can be a cause, do you snore, and/or wake up with a feeling of shortness of breath, a high heart rate?  Do you remember a troubling dream when you first wake up?  We usually forget dreams soon after waking up.  Do you need to go to the toilet?  Are you young, middle age, senior?  Just a age range is enough, no need for the exact number on age.  These are factors that come to mind for me.  I have trouble sleeping, suffer from mild obstructive sleep apnea, am a senior and have to urinate at least twice a night and when I wake up for any reason I usually recall having had a troubling dream.  Nope, I don't have a cure.  I have undergone a sleep study test, thus know about the obstructive problem and if I keep my weight near what it should be the apnea symptoms don't seem to a contributor, but it may still have something to do with my sleep problem.  I think my problem is mostly due to aging - body breaking down, wearing out.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.