Sleep Disorders Community

lamictal and ambien

I've been prescribed to take 400 mg of lamictal daily and 10 mg of lamictal with1200 mg of oxaprozin.  I've been really tired all the time and having nightmares every night.  Is this normal? does anyone else experience it?
Hi, welcome to the forum, it can be a manifestation of type of sleep disorder like parasomnias, wherein the certain events occur without the knowledge of the person.

Few of the individuals are known to suffer from parasomnias esp. when they are on non-benzodiazepine sedatives like Ambien, drug abuse etc. otherwise no definitive cause exists in few individuals apart from stress, positive past history of abuse etc.

The associated symptoms with the following disorder are confusional wakefulness, sleep paralysis, nightmares and night terrors. This can occur in any sleep stage (REM and non-REM stage). Ambien is known to be associated with abnormal dreams. Lamictal is associated with 1-5 % of patients with dream abnormality.

To rule out parasomnias you need to undergo Polysomnyography and sleep analysis. You need to take out time for further evaluation. I suggest you to consult physician or sleep specialist. Take care and regards.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?