Smoking Addiction Community

How long to smoke while on Zyban?

When I started Zyban/Bupropion, I switched to nicotine lozenges and smoked only four or five cigarettes a day. I figured this would ween the habit and not just the addiction.

At the beginning of week two - I gave up cigarettes, and on day nine I gave up nicotine completely. This is currently day ten on Bupropion and day two being smoke free.

Should I have continued smoking for a period of time? I've heard people say I should continue smoking for two weeks. I still have urges even on the Bupropion....
Hi!
First of all congratulations! If you have quit smoking, then there is no reason to go back to it. The initial cravings will go away while on Zyban/bupropian and you need to keep yourself busy and motivated. Just keep remembering that these are just urges and will go away with time. Cognitive behavior therapy can also help you modify your response to these urges. Please also consult your doctor regarding this. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.