OK To Smoke Occasionally?

Hello. I don't have an addiction, but I do enjoy smoking. I smoke occasionally, roughly 2-4 smokes a day. Not all the time, mind you, but I was wondering. Will this be a bad thing to do? I know smoking is very bad for your health, but like Alcohol, I do do it in moderation. Will this be an issue for me on the long run? I already am determined that I will stop smoking at the end of my Highschool year this June.

Thanks for the advice.
UnknownFear
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I was your age when I thought it would be okay to smoke occasionally. I didn't realize that my intake became more then a few a day and somehow I had become to believe that smoking was an answer to stress, boredom, curbing my appetite and anger as well as other things. Before you know it, you elevate a smoke to the status of "can't live without it" and you find yourself, 40 years from now, struggling to break a "NOW" lifelong addiction!

If you truly plan on quitting and you only smoke a little, then quit now while you can and don't wait for tomorrows.

Good luck!