Here are the steps to quit smoking. You can change them according to your need or as per the advice of your physician.
• The first step is to decide and stick to your decision.
• Set and date and throw away all cigarettes.
• Inform your physician about your decision and seek help in terms of medications, alternatives to smoking etc.
• Join a group to stay motivated.
• Consult a therapist as counseling will help divert your attention from cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
• Ask your doctor/therapist regarding 24 X 7 telephone support services that help keep you motivated in the effort. Enroll in this service.
• At all stages when you have cravings and withdrawal symptoms, remember they are temporary and will pass away even if you do not smoke.
• Tell your friends about your decision and seek their help and support.
• Take up exercise: walking, jogging, swimming etc to keep fit.
• Eat healthy.
• Be strong.
Hope these steps help you quit smoking once for all! Take care!
The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Smoking is injurious to health. Those people who smoke regularly, they can suffer heart attack, chest pain and cancer.To stop smoking in life, There are two things is needed.Firstly. to avoid smoking cigarette regularly and second is taking some medicine as per instructed,
Thanks a lot
Learn how you can aid stopping smoking by understanding process of how subconscious beliefs support continued smoking. The subconscious mind is responsible for storing our memory, habits ("when I get upset I smoke a cigarette"), beliefs ("smoking relaxes me") personality and self-image ("when I smoke I look sophisticated").
Because the subconscious mind contains the habit of smoking, it is essential to access this part of the mind. This can be done through relaxation. Once you have accessed the subconscious, it is then possible to change the subconscious program or "thinking" that creates the habit which compels you to smoke. By changing that habit and practising other methods of managing stress, a person can free themselves of a smoking habit forever!