SSDI: Multiple Return to Work Trials?

I'm 60 years old, and I've been on long-term SSDI for 15 years, and while my benefits are high, after I was forced to move to live on my own, I find that my income doesn't adequately cover even my minimized expenses. Yet since I (probably stupidly) signed a long-term lease, I can't move somewhere else without a huge lease-breaking penalty.

So the only solution I can think of is to enter a "Ticket to work" 9-month part-time return to work trial. But I know that my disability has not, and will not, reduce sufficiently to continue to work after that period. So my question is: Can I legally and with full knowledge of the SSA request one or more subsequent (additional) 9 month work trials?  Or is one the limit?

I've searched the SSA site and other sites extensively, but I cannot find an answer to this question.

Thanks!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Social Security Disability or SSDI Group

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.