Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
463 Members

Bone Pain?

This is a long post. I am new to the forum, so please forgive me if my conventions aren't quite community standard as yet.

I am having a lot of pain in my spine, and although I can pinpoint a general area (low part of my mid back), it seems a very general complaint to bring to my doctor, because I do have some bone pain in other parts of my body, in my arm oddly enough, and in my right calf, though that pales in comparison to my back. It may be pain from lack of movement or something, or even illness, I have no clue what any of this is.

I have numbness in my fee/legs that almost feels like pins and needles, and a general sick/wrong feeling in my body. I am having sensory issues in my feet and legs that go beyond what I normally experience. This pain in my spine is not helped by movement or rest, though I feel very weak generally. The pain is not muscle pain or sciatica insofar as I can tell, though what I know could fill an index card. Because of the pain and weakness, I am very fatigued and unsteady. The pain is bad enough that it woke me up in the middle of the night and my heart was racing.

Last week, I had some kind of syncope and collapse that is as yet unexplained. A CT scan of my head was clean. The blood work showed some elevated levels, in the WBC and the CRP and ESR. I was tested again later and these values were closer to normal ranges insofar as far as I know, though my doctor is out and cannot read the reports until Monday. I spoke to the nurse on the phone and she told me what little I do know. I don't know if this pain/fatigue and the episode last week are connected.

I am not sure how to manage these symptoms until I can speak to my doctor. I am accustomed to body aches and pain as I have cerebral palsy but this is beyond the scope of my experience, even considering my surgical history. I am so tired and I just feel terrible. I am reluctant to address this because I've never experienced this before and have no point of reference for discussing this kind of pain or these symptoms. I also am reluctant to address this because I have a new doctor, which I know is silly, but it has crossed my mind that I may come across as dramatic.  

The reason I am posting here is that I would like to know if this pain in my spine is something that I should adjust to, as it's quite possible the syncope was a virus (which would make sense with the blood levels, right?). Still, something doesn't feel right and I wanted to reach out in the hopes that doing so would ease my mind with factual information or your own experiences. I would also like to know if there are some ways that I might manage my symptoms until Monday.

So my questions:
1) What are some ways I can manage this pain at home or cope with my symptoms?
2) Should I be concerned? What would you do were you in my shoes?
3) Has anyone had similar experiences that might shed some light on what I'm experiencing?

Thank you for reading my post. I will reply to any questions or comments if you post. Please let me know if I should post this in some other forum. I posted in another forum, but then I found this sub forum, and I believe I have deleted the duplicate post.
My experience with spine disease is unfortunately irrelevant to your condition.

You need pain management and with a complicating disease like CP you really need to be examined and get a proper diagnosis. Since you have an extensive medical history, you'll need to start with someone who knows you.

So, please make an appointment with your primary care doctor as soon as it is convenient.
Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful just to post and know that someone took the time to reply. So thank you for that. I will be sure to reply to my thread with any answers I discover in the hopes that they might help somebody else. Thanks again.
Do your legs feel numb? Are they sensitive to light touch? Bone pain? Can you describe?