Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Freaking out (lower back bone)

Today I slammed what felt like the lower of my back into the corner of a doorframe. Now there is some pain but it feels/looks kinda like a bone is halfway sticking out to the side directly on the top/above my buttcrack areaand depending how I move it will stick out more/less. I plan on getting an x-ray but does anyone have any idea what this could be? There is a little red where it feels like the bone is mild pain and very midly ichy. I took a herbal for the pain but my biggest concern is that if I move a certain way (for example using the  bathroom) that I would risk popping that bone out of place more or possibly tearing it out. I have been walking around my house and sitting in a computer chair with a pillow as I normally do so I thought if it was my spinal cord out of place I most likely would not even be able to walk without extreme pain but I could be wrong. When it happend where I now feel like a bone is sticking out a red "puff" of skin formed that was very ichy but eventually went away. I put ice on it when It happend and I do not believe I have anymore swelling and no bruises but this is very much scaring me.
Any ideas what it could be or tips for keeping it from further injury?
1 Responses
620923 tn?1452915648

Hi and welcome to the SPINAL CORD C/D forum.

I agree you need to be seen by medical professionals.....it could just be a bruise that swelled up....hard to say for sure and that is why you should be seen....there is no way to know just by a description,

A few yrs ago I had a similar issue but mine was leaking fluids....here I had a cyst and while doing pilates I popped it inadvertently....it was painful, but did heal over a period of time. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease