MRI Explanation of Results

I apologize for duplicating part of this but I didn't post all of the info. I am hoping someone can explain the results of the MRI study that was done on my cervical spine.
The patient is status post anterior cervical fusion at C4-C7.

There is loss of the normal cervical lordosis.

At C2-C3 there is right-sided uncovertebral hypertrophy narrowing the right neural foramen. The central spinal canal is adequate. The left neural foramen is patent

At C3-C4 the neural foramen are patent. The central spinal canal is mildly stenotic. There is a disc bulge.

At C4-C5 there is no disc herniation, central spinal canal or foraminal stenosis

At C5-C6 there is no disc herniation, central spinal canal or foraminal stenosis

At C6-C7 there is right-sided uncovertebral hypertrophy narrowing the right neural foramen. The left neural foramen is also slightly narrowed. The central spinal canal is adequate.

At C7-T1 there is no disc herniation, central spinal canal or foraminal stenosis.

The caliber of the cervical spinal cord is normal. There is slight mass effect at C3-C4 on the ventral aspect of the cervical spinal cord. There is no abnormal signal. There is no intradural masses.

IMPRESSION:

Cervical fusion at C4-C7.

Mass effect on the cervical spinal cord at C3-C4.

No new disc herniations. Please refer to the above report for detailed evaluation of each disc space level.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community