Aa
A
A
A
Close
Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
465 Members

No dx after spinal cord surgery. MS or tumor?

After 2 years of worsening gait and headache and incontinence symptoms, a benign tumor was found at C1-C3.  I had surgery to have it removed in April of this year.  The lab tests came back inconclusive and it's being called a "neoplasm of  uncertain nature".  I was referred to a neurologist that specializes in MS.  A new MRI shows something at T1, but no brain lesions and the lumbar puncture shows 3 o-bands and a critically high white blood count and high lymphs.  The doctor wants me to start Copaxone injections. She also recommended IVIG which the insurance company rejected.  I am not definite for MS, but the neurosurgeon and MS doctor are insistent I start on MS medication to "see if it helps".  The next MRI is the one year follow-up from the surgery date - eight months away.  I'm pretty lost here and not sure if I should start on the Copaxone or keep driving myself crazy searching for a diagnosis.  I had a world-renowned surgeon do my brainstem surgery and he told my family after surgery that he was confident the tumor was neurosarcoiditis - but the labs were inconclusive.
1 Responses
620923 tn?1452915648

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I can not offer insights on your issues as I have not dealt with it...and am not a medical professional.....

But I would have a different Dr review not only your MRI's but your OR report.....to see if they see something your Drs might have missed or over looked.

I pray you get answers soon, as I do know how it feels to not feel well and not know the reasons why.

Keep us posted
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease