Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
465 Members

No dx after spinal cord surgery. MS or tumor?

After 2 years of worsening gait and headache and incontinence symptoms, a benign tumor was found at C1-C3.  I had surgery to have it removed in April of this year.  The lab tests came back inconclusive and it's being called a "neoplasm of  uncertain nature".  I was referred to a neurologist that specializes in MS.  A new MRI shows something at T1, but no brain lesions and the lumbar puncture shows 3 o-bands and a critically high white blood count and high lymphs.  The doctor wants me to start Copaxone injections. She also recommended IVIG which the insurance company rejected.  I am not definite for MS, but the neurosurgeon and MS doctor are insistent I start on MS medication to "see if it helps".  The next MRI is the one year follow-up from the surgery date - eight months away.  I'm pretty lost here and not sure if I should start on the Copaxone or keep driving myself crazy searching for a diagnosis.  I had a world-renowned surgeon do my brainstem surgery and he told my family after surgery that he was confident the tumor was neurosarcoiditis - but the labs were inconclusive.

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I can not offer insights on your issues as I have not dealt with it...and am not a medical professional.....

But I would have a different Dr review not only your MRI's but your OR report.....to see if they see something your Drs might have missed or over looked.

I pray you get answers soon, as I do know how it feels to not feel well and not know the reasons why.

Keep us posted