Side effects

Hi i have a question about pain. I had a Anterior Cervical Disectomy W/ fusion @ C3-4  C4-5  C5-6 Atlantis Plate, VGII Bone on 9/28/2009. since the surgery i have noticed "side effects" that are more annoying than painful. Like: when i touch my chin to my collar and yawn, i feel like something in my neck gets stuck, (its a hard thing to try and put into words) almost like a pinching feeling. and lately i have noticed that my neck spasms. i was sitting on my bed this evening, had my head facing downward and yawned. i immediatly felt that "pinching" feelings that then my neck started to spasm... at first i thought it was me doing it, but i sat very still with two fingers on the area that was spazzing and i felt it. i then went to the mirror and just watched my throat to see if i could see it happen..and i could.... Are these things im experiancing normal or should i be contacting my Doctor??????
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

No worries..I look forward to the update : )
Helpful - 0
Hi Selma, Thank you so much for your post, i will definatly giove my Doctor a call and post his remarks... thanks again
Helpful - 0

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I had surgery in close proximity  to where ur was , but for a diff reason and I too get the spasms and  the pinch feeling....my thoughts were that it was bcuz it was a nerve related surgery and it was the nerve regaining it's ability to function.

I would deff mention to ur dr and see if there is something else going on, but 2 yrs post op. it may be a perm  issue at this point....my surgery was also in '09....but I have another surgery to face so I also felt my issues could be due in part to a bulging disk that needs to be taken care of...so if u have not been back to the dr or had a MRI since, u may also have  a disk issue or scar tissue creating the pinch.

Good luck and do post an update : )

"selma"
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community