Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community
464 Members

broken thoracic spine

.Hello. In the beginning i want to inform that my mom from years has osteoporosis. My mom in january fall on low part of her back.She went to a specialist to do some tests. They X-ray her lumbar spine,and they sad that this is only a concusion.. They gave her strong painkillers,and thats all. After 2 months she stopped taking painkillers and start filling strong pain in her chest and she had problem with breathing. She went to another doctor and he X-ray her spine but this time thoracic spine. he said that my mom broke thoracic spine,eleventh core of the thoracic spine and that the fourth is postponed. They gave her to wear ortophedic corset for 3 months. they didn't do anything else because after two months living with the broken spine there was nothing to do. they asked. how is it possible to not feel broke bones. maybe because the firts doctor gave her painkillers? im worried that she can have some problems. can you help me? and just tell me more about this kind of health problems?

Hi Aleksandra and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

I wish I knew more to be able to answer you....some things that are done with broken bones is so different today then years ago....they don't really do much for broken ribs....and I am sure some healing took place during the time she was on the pain killers so there is not much more to do at this point...If there were things to be aware of I am certain the Dr would have informed you both....

If you are not sure, do have her get another opinion...let us know what you find out.