A
A
A
Close
Spinal Stenosis Sufferers Community
38 Members
7525620 tn?1391621195

Neck Injury and believed stenosis

Hi all, I had an accident in august 2013 when I fell and crushed my head against my shoulder, the result was eventually found to be three prolapsed discs in my neck C3C4/C4C5/C5C6 there at C5C6 I do have some nerve compression on the right foreman.
after 51 days in hospital and only Trigger point injections to help with the acute pain and general medication which I am still on I decided to buy my DVD of the MRI and X-rays so I could seek further help myself.
while I have struggled to find people to look at my MRI I have learnt to use the Scan software obviously not professionally but I can see what is pressuring my spinal cord and I can use the measuring tool. This shows that I have compression of the spinal cord down to 9.0 mm  in places but I also have compression over the length of the C4 Vertebrae down to 10.0mm.
I need someone out there to give me some guidance on these images and how I can push my Consultant into moving forward and looking at my case in a light that will improve my situation.
On Monday 3rd February I had Physio where the lady massaged and stretched my neck to a point I had tears running down my face and on leaving the department I got to the hospital entrance and had to sit down and then Lie down on an emergency trolley as I had severe pins and needles in my hands and face, this lasted for about 4 hours which was quite a scary issue and almost had me going to A&E.
Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated as I believe that this is Stenosis of the Cervical Spine
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.