Spirituality Community
283 Members

Do It Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will
forget tomorrow,
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and
it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got ... anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is
between you and God,
It never was between you and them anyway..
Dear Gate
Right
As long as God is there no matter what people think, you should do what you truely blieve it is right thing to do
No ofcourse we don't ( talking about the nature of God ( the creature of the nature itself ) won't take us to what we really need to know.
I personaly prefer to stay and walk in a logical path.
*looks up
OMG god always with the drama

Rahim28

Well hope to see some more good stuff from you soon
Dear Gate
Look up my profile ( by clicking on my name )
Check on "smile" "medhelp social" "inspiring stories" and ..... communities there
I am sure you will find some goodies there
Catch you soon
Hey there Mr. Rainbow,
I'm glad I looked in here because I just spotted my name mentioned in caps. Geepers, creepers, are you yelling at me?
Number one, you are off in things you say. And why quote what a "man" said - the Rabbi you mentioned? Quote the Word of God, not people.
People that lean on what other people say when discussing the bible prove to me what they are trying to prove is not in the bible or if it is, they have no idea how to find it on their own which would mean they are not searching for truth but instead just quoting people who have some title such as "Great Rabbi, or Great Evangelist." I am not interested in what Great Evangelists say nor am I interested in what Great Rabbis say unless they take it directly from the Word of God and not what 'they think' sounds good or sounds true. I can post what some Great Rabbis say too - in how they found Jesus.

Yes you are right as far as God is spirit. It says that in the NT too.

"God is spirit and those that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and truth." John 4:24  

But Jesus is part of the God-head, so God did put on flesh.  I think you know that is what Christians do believe, so do you want me to NOT believe that?
And when I say "Christians," I mean both Jew AND Gentile who follow Jesus. As you probably know Christos is the Greek word for "anointed one," so Christian can be either a Jew or gentile who follow the "anointed one." But most Jews today believe you are not a Jew if you follow Jesus. Well nothing could be further from the truth. Ow, that shoe hit me Ike.

You sounded mad and Dazon likes things to be quiet up here, so rather than go any further with what I believe and more of why I KNOW the ACLU is ruining this country - I invite you to come to the Biblical Forum and then we can discuss things if you want...

And I don't want to get into whether or not this country is a Christian country on Dazons forum but like I said, you can join the Biblical Forum if you wish.

If we can discuss things without throwing things rocks at one another ( and I can behave) come on down and contribute whatever you want to discuss.

I am wondering if you believe the Hebrew Scriptures are in fact the Word of God because I would rather have you quote what God says than what a Rabbi says.

And the stuff you mentioned about satan and Christianity - you are dead wrong and its amazing how you think you could tell me what the devil is about when the crux of Christianity is that Jesus defeated the devil at Calvary.

You don't sound, Uhmmm, very tolerant do you? Hmmm

AND that is usually the case of what happens when "tolerant people" meet up with me for some reason. Should I be offended? No not at all. I am used to liberals who tolerate everyone but Christians - meet them everyday in my neck of the woods - same woods you live in btw. Hey! Lets have lunch and discuss religion and politics. -  just teasing you. :)

So now you can come back and yell, and do that all caps thing....but if you do, my answer will be posted in the BBA forum out of respect for Dazons forum.
bye, bye.

hey Cloudwindgate - hope all is well;)
Things are good a little lonely lol :D I'm going to make some tea :D
Hey Cloud, :)  loneliness can happen even if you have a zillion people around you. Sometimes its because you need that special someone to be with you to fill the void that they can only fill. Go out and find her! :) lol

Yeah I just had tea too. Today I have a little bit of the flu or something so tea makes me feel better..
What you need is a hot steam of Okaliptus leafs
Thanks rahim. I just looked it up. It seems to be Eucalyptus from what I just read.
I remember as kids mothers would use Vicks Vaporub which is probably made from the same type of stuff, yeah I think its from eucalyptus, but of course the natural stuff that you mentioned would be much better using hot steam like you said...

Next time I go to a health food store I will ask them about it. Thanks again..
Right
here is a tip ( I had to omit some of the article because it was too large to send )
http://stason.org/articles/wellbeing/health/Cold-Flu-Busters-The-Natural-Approach.html
Cold & Flu Busters: The Natural Approach
Inhale steam for fifteen minutes three times daily in acute stage, when the ... to arrest the beginning of a cold and flu and other benefits are detoxification of ... intrigued by the elderberry's reputation as a cure for colds and flu, ... American Indians used the leaves and flowers in antiseptic wash for skin ...

There are many theories as how people get a cold & flu as there are treatments. When our immune systems are compromised it is a challenge to fight these dreadful illnesses.

Interesting enough human beings are able to go to the moon, but are unable managing and preventing this disease or can we? Colds cause clogged and runny noses, sore throats and often dry cough. Flu symptoms are much more severe and will cause high fever and chills, a feeling of exhaustion and the whole body may ache. This includes headaches, backaches and sore muscles. Flu viruses are stronger, more infectious and more harmful than colds. Isn't it ironic that many allopathic doctors still treat it with antibiotics which will have no effect and even create more health problems by decreasing the healing power of your immune system!

But whichever one you may be plagued with, there are numerous alternative herbal remedies to PREVENT and manage them. One of the most important consideration is to strengthen and supporting the immune system starting in early September of each year. Here are suggestions which will give you an overview what you can do and what is available without harmful negative side effects.

Nutrition

You probably are familiar with the quote..."You are what you eat" and let's add on ..what you drink. Unfortunately many eat processed "junk-food" (read the book from Eric Schlosser "America - Fast Food Nation"), loaded with chemical additives and especially MSG (Monosodiumglutamate, a neurotoxin, creating brain damage and other health hazards). A healthy diet with lost of raw certified organic vegetables and fruit grown without chemical fertilizers, herbicide and pesticide spraying, irradiation, carrots, parsley, celery, watercress, garlic, fermented products like sauerkraut, kefir, yoghurt, unrefined flaxseed and hemp oil are excellent sources for omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids. And don't forget our grandmother's secret recipe - chicken noodle soup! Citrus fruits containing Vitamin A and C are very important too.

Herbal teas should play a major role what you drink regularly such as yerba mate, roibosh, Japanese green tea, elderflower, linden flower with 2 drops of lemon balm oil, thyme, rosehip, yarrow , st.john's wort, peppermint, spearmint, lemon balm, sage tea just to name a few since most herbal teas are helpful fighting cold & flu.

Another effective method is using inhalation (hot water and add a few drops of eucalyptus, chamomile, thyme oil, put a towel over your head and inhale). It helps loosen mucus, heals the throat, nasal passages and bronchial tubes. Horsetail inhalations reduce swelling of mucous membranes. Onion or nasturtium inhalations disinfect, ginkgo biloba leaf kills bacteria and heals the cells of the damaged mucous membranes almost immediately. Inhale steam for fifteen minutes three times daily in acute stage, when the condition is improving, inhale steam in the evening before retiring for a week or so to help heal the bronchial passages. To help alleviate and disinfect dry air passages, add 10 drops of tea tree oil to a bowl of hot water or vaporizer and leave it in the bedroom overnight. (not recommended for children).
Supplements
Vitamin C and Vitamin A (avoid during pregnancy) play an important part to fight cold & flu.

Most Important

Washing your hands often is the key to practise preventing or spreading cold and flu viruses!!

Scientific Proof

Finally, there is solid scientific evidence to back up the folklore, thanks to Israeli researcher Dr. Maeleine Mumcuoglu, Ph.D. of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center. In 1980 Dr. Mumcuoglu, intrigued by the elderberry's reputation as a cure for colds and flu, did her thesis on the antiviral effect of elderberry. She patented a procedure to isolate the potent disease fighting compounds form elderberry, then tested the extract (Sambucol) on patients of the flu outbreak at a Kibbutz Aza in Israel and this was the testing result:

American Indians used the leaves and flowers in antiseptic wash for skin diseases, and the berries to dye their hair black and dye the strands of grass they use in their basket designs. Others have used the tea of the leaves as a diaphoretic, the inner bark as a cathartic, the flowers simmered in oil for preventing sunburn, and steeped in water as a compress for a headache. The flowers contain a oil that is used in perfume and cosmetics. Elderflower water can be used as a wash for dry skin or as a cooling wash for the eyes. According to an ancient recipe, washing your face with elderflower water in the morning and at night, and leaving it there to dry, will remove freckles and morphew (hardened skin). American Indians used the leaves also for pain relief and to promote the healing of injuries. Don't you agree, that the healing power of this eldertree/bush is incredible and fascinating and can bring relief to so many health problems.

If you follow the natural way that Mother Earth provides us as suggested in my article, you will do no harm to your body and strengthen your immune system. I am soon 70 years old and followed these rules all my life from childhood on and therefore rarely suffered from a cold and flu and can't even remember when it hit me last time. These natural herbal remedies have been part of my health regime for as long as I can remember. You do not have to dread the cold and flu season, just be prepared to support your bodies healing power with these natural herbal cold & flu busters.

"For every disease we know, MOTHER EARTH provides a herbs to grow!"

Words of Wisdom

"When we open up our consciousness and dwell in the beauties of Nature, we allow healing to enter our lives."

Dr. Bernard Jensen , DC, Ph.D. (1908 - 2001)

References:

Herbs & Things, Jeanne Rose

The Green Pharmacy & The Green Pharmacy Herbal Handbook, James A. Duke, PH.D.

Herbal Antibiotics, Stephen Harrod Buhner

The Herb Book, John Lust

Indian Herbalogy of North America, Alma R. Hutchens

Strengthen Your Immune System, Reader's Digest, Canada

See also the second part of this article.

This information is offered for its educational value only and should not be used in the diagnose, treatment, or prevention of disease. Any attempt to diagnose and treat illness should come under the direction of your health care practitioner.