Spirituality Community
283 Members

Do It Anyway

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you
of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some
false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building,
someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness,
they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will
forget tomorrow,
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and
it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got ... anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is
between you and God,
It never was between you and them anyway..
Thats nice:)
Because you are nice
:)

hey rahim, you had posted something that I read and really liked in the Medhelp Social some time back.  It was months ago I think. It was about God and I tried to find it but I couldn't.

I can't remember it but it had to do with how would God know or something like that..
I wanted to post it in the Biblical forum if you find it and if you don't mind if I borrow it..

Thanks..
I mean you could post it in the biblical forum if you wanted (if you find it)...or else I'll post it and let people know I got it from you though..
How is everything Myown
I don't remember that post but I will look for it and if i find it, I will post it in biblical forum for you
wish me good luck
Thanks rahim, good luck!:)

I'm okay thanks. I hope all is well with you...
Hi again
I just pull it out and put it in " biblical analysis group "
here is the text :

I asked God ...
I asked God to take away my pain.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No.
Your spirit was whole, Your body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a by-product of tribulations, it isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings, Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.

I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves me.
God said... Ahhhh, finally you have the idea!

I hope it is what you meant

was is fast enough ?
I posted to you in the Biblical Forum.

Its a nice post this one, but it not the one I meant;)   I wish I would have copied the other one when you posted it, I really liked it...
I am sure it will be found by Rahim soon ..lol
Does that mean you want me to look for it too? haha I'm tired Rahim :)
I am watching a movie right now with my husband - "Taken" is the name of the movie. Its good. Did you ever see it?
The name is familiar but I don't remember the details ( who is acting there )
I looked up all my posts in Medhelp social and couldn't find it but I put a comment in your judgment post on biblical analysis group though .
I suggest you enjoy the movie and I get some sleep for a meanwhile .....hahaha.lol
hahahaha
I asked God every morning for 35 years to make me strong enough to see my children grow.

He said yes.

When they were grown He gave me MS.

Why I asked?

He said I gave you everything you asked for over 35 years.  Now why complain.?
I decided

God is a man.  He doesn't read between the lines.
I know what you mean
I want to say God help you but you may don't think so
One thing is we did not decide to come in this world but we can decide how we live and how we love and one day we have to go, no matter how healthy we are.
You have shown a great love to your children and now you are suffering for MS which isn't fair
I don't know God's gender but I know we can trust God because may be this is the only hope we have.
Hi there,
Sorry to hear you have MS. But I want to say that God does not give people disease or sickness. He does not kill children either as so many say "God wanted my child so He took him." I would not serve a God who killed children. People, including some clergy who don't know scripture say things like that and it does disturb me not only because God would never harm someone physically with sickness nor would he take a child by causing early death. I could give you many scripture to show you that God does not want anyone sick nor any person to die at a young age, it's devil does want to destroy us.
The devil ( satan) wants God to get the blame.  Unless the bible is read with the heart it can be very confusing. The bible says God came down in the flesh ( Jesus) and yes Jesus was a man, but he was conceived of the Holy Spirit, so that makes Him equal to God. Jesus went around healing people - not causing sickness or giving people disease.

The diseases we see today many of them stem from virus's and some illness stem from the enviorment (sp?), some illness stress, some from genetics, but none from God.

"I am the God that healeth thee" He says
Read Psalm 103.

If you read the book of Job you will see that he became very sick, lost everything too, yet he never blamed God. In the end God healed him. Jobs wife even told him to curse God because she felt the sickness was from God - but it wasn't.
Jobs trust and faith eventually led to his healing...

And as far as gender of God - as you see the bible says He is Spirit BUT when He put on flesh ( Jesus) He was a Jew....born to Mary, Jewish..

The bible describes him as someone who was not handsome and he did not have blondish brown straight hair as we see in the movies:). He had curly hair as many Jewish people have...

"For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth."

Numbers 23:19

19 God is not a man, that he should lie,
       nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.
       Does he speak and then not act?
       Does he promise and not fulfill?

Rahim had said to you "I want to say God help you but you may not think so."
What Rahim said has meaning which maybe he doesn't realize because he said he doesn't read the bible.
But I will tell you that the bible says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge."
You can google to find the verse. I can't remember, but its in the Hebrew Scriptures.

So just like car insurance if we don't know what's in our policy - if we never read our policy and we crash our car, we can't hope to get it fixed if we don't have money and we don't know the insurance will cover it - we have no hope of getting the car repaired then.

BUT IF we read our policy and see that we can claim the right to bring it to the mechanic, then we have hope.
Same thing with the bible, our bodies can need repair and its easy to lose hope especially when Conventional Medicine fails us, but if we see in the bible that God can still do a miracle and that He does want us well, then we can try our best to stir up our Faith in Him.

Is it always easy? No its not. It can be very hard especially when things don't seem to get better, but then we have to just hold on as Job did. Its easy to fall back and lose hope even during this, but thats when you pray and read the Word and have friends agree in prayer with you.

I hope you didn't find anything I said offensive. I meant it to help and not harm. And its just hard for me to read posts where people think God causes illness. He doesn't. He wants us all well and we all need to "hold on" as Job did,because sometimes thats all we can do.
I think you were rather kind!  Thank you.

However, I was more teasing as I raised a houseful of boys (men now) and the joke is always to learn to read between the lines when women talk...To me (and I have dry sense of humor) I see myself begging of Him to allow me the strength to raise those sons but I didn't add a bunch of p.s.'s to it...I just figured it was a given...lol

My husband is Christian and I do understand about God.  I do not think He would bring harm to me.  I will be anxious to one day talk to Him!!  I have a lot of questions!  However, I truly do not think my lot is great.  I see suffering all around me. I could be one of the miner's under ground in Chile.  Now that would be suffering!!

I do want to ask.  Is this board a Christian only board?  I see some speak of the Bible references.  Not that I would object.  I just do not want to offend.

Sumanadevii
Thats great then, you have a great attitude;)
Ya know what??, that is why I really do hate typing on these forums, we can never hear the tone but once someone explains what they meant- then its easy to see/hear how we interpreted what they said in the wrong way:)

No this is not a Christian board only. All belief systems from what I have seen..
Dazon would be the best one to ask about the forum..she is the founder.

The Biblical Analysis Forum has some good discussions too - anything pertaining to the bible - Hebrew Scriptures or New Testament, so feel free to post there to if you want:)

Dazon has posted some really good threads there and Rahim just joined too. Its open to everyone Jew, gentile, Christian and actually and Atheist started the group but unfortunately seems he got to busy to come to the forum anymore....He posted some good stuff, I wish he was still there..

I have a busy morning, gotta run. Very nice to meet you:)
MO
Points :

1- God help you Suma even if you don't pray or beg, he will and he loves now you more than when you were rising your boys.
2- God's nature is beyond our imaginations,
3- Feeling of God's gift requires the clearness of heart and getting clear clean heart requires forgiveness . Forgiveness of your time, efforts, youth, caring and or people who may have hurt you.
4- Remember no one is perfect and no one will be just listen to your heart
5-Even if we don't know a word of insurance a Good insurance company would take care of everything right away
6- God is not dominent by Christians God is superior to all
7- "Rahim said has meaning which maybe he doesn't realize because he said he doesn't read the bible" Dear Myown I thank you if you let me know what is that I do not realize

I wish you blessing
"Dear Myown I thank you if you let me know what is that I do not realize"

Sure Rahim:)
You said "I want to say God help you but you may not think so."

You wanted to encourage Suma that God will help her, but from your statement it sounded like you were not sure if she would believe God would because of what you said -"but you may not think so."

And that was biblical actually. People can be told that God will help them but if they don't believe He will, it can be hard to convince them....So that is what I meant - I agreed with what you said because it is the way it is - how you said it...

And I agree that God is not dominated by the Christians because the bible says " God so loved the WORLD that he gave His only begotten son..."

If it was a Christian dominated, it would say God so loved the Christians that He gave His only begotten son.. But thank God - He loved/loves the WORLD, not just the Protestants, Methodists, Catholics etc:)

The other thing you said as far as Insurance Companies - yes I agree a good insurance company will contact you and take care of things..most times but not always, sometimes you have to do a lot of calling yourself..

And with God, I agree with you - He will take care of you, but here's the thing....many people don't know God loves them. And when or if they pray they think God is ignoring them because they don't receive an answer to prayer right away.

So they feel hopeless at times - so hopeless that we have never seen such a rise in teen suicide as we do now.
But what if that hopeless person that prayed ( that teen for instance) read in Gods Word that God told Abraham that he and Sara would conceive a child and that Abraham would be the " Father of many nations." That sounds encouraging, But Abraham had to wait 25 YEARS until Sara conceived - YET it was God who told him..

Abraham NEVER doubted that God would come thru with the promise He made to him.
So my point is this - if a person realizes that Gods timing is different than ours - and just because you have not had an answer to your prayer - that does not mean that God has not heard you, nor does it mean NO.
It means "wait" most times. God's timing is perfect - ours is not. We only think we know what's best for us, but I think our creator knows better.:)

So that is what I mean - if someone reads "the insurance policy" they can have hope in times when things seem hopeless. The insurance agent can call and say its going to take time, but as long as you know its getting done, you don't mind waiting because you trust your insurance company. Same with God, If you trust Him, you can wait because you know He will provide what He has promised you.:)

Always nice to talk to you Rahim
And many blessings to you too,
MO
Thanks Myown
But I realized that point and I didn't read bible yet
Different companies contract with different people
I respect people like you but I don't trust religious leaders ( when they came to people to give them so called God,s knowledge, they had their holy book in their hands and people had their own lands but after they gave them that knowledge, they owned their lands and people had the book )
You are a nice person, devoting your precious time for people trying to help them and I differ you from official religious communities but
Do you know why the more religious societies are more corrupted ones ?
Think about it
Many blessing to people from very beging to the far end
Thanks Rahim.

"Do you know why the more religious societies are more corrupted ones ?"

Actually what I see in America is the more the government tries to suppress God the worse off this country becomes, so I think the more they try to remove God the worse things get. And that is kinda funny because no one can suppress God or get rid of Him - He is just being very patient and waiting for people to turn from their ways. But everyone has a limit including God and then we will see things change quickly.

Ever since ONE woman got prayer out of the schools here in the USA, the country has gone downhill - corrupt or whatever one wants to call it.

Religion is man made so that will never be good - BUT if people read Gods Word they will see that He wants "Relationship" not Religion.
Just as so many people say people were killed in the name of religion, including Christianity they say. And to that I say, well then they were not Christians because Christians are supposed to follow Jesus and no where do you see Jesus saying to kill people.
Jesus said to love you enemies. He doesn't say kill someone who doesn't want to believe His teachings. What He did say was to "shake the dust off your shoes," if they don't want to receive His message.
Yet Christianity gets the blame if someone kills a doctor who performs an abortion just because the guy claims to be a Christian. The bible says you will know the person by their fruit.
Good talking to you Rahim:)
You would think we live in different countries but I looked twice.  We are both USA.  I do not see a country that is corrupt and surely not over any prayer.  What stops you and other Christian from prayer?  Nothing.  It is silly to think any can stop you.  Now if you want to show off, I guess that won't work.  But to quietly pray?  Any can do that.  There isn't a law stopping you.

I am thankful each day I am blessed to live USA.

Hi, I just joined Medhelp about a week or so ago and I just discovered the religion group a few minutes ago.  I am actually very glad to see this group on here.  I myself am a follower of the Lord and I am very enouraged by your words.  You seem to be very knowledgable on the subjects and books of the Bible.  I am definitely grateful to find this group and read the comments in this forum.  I hope I too will be able to help out in the forums.
I just want to say thank you!
USA has deep democracy have not got it easily that is why I love America
what I really don,t appreciate it very much having the mask of good peole and doing bad things that is what makes God to become angry
Think nice, talk nice, do nice
These 3 simple recommendations are given by an old ancient prophet called Zartosht ( Persian prophet )
I believe in most cases God is an excuse but devil is sitting in God's place
I wish a true God blessing to everybody
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.