Temperaments

What are your thoughts on temperaments and how they fit in with your spirituality?

melancholic, phlegmatic, choleric, and sanguine???
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
:-))  i was called a "sad sack" from when I was a child by my aunt...lol!  Didn't know about "melacholy" at that time.  I just know I saw things differently like I knew while one child got presents, others didn't.  I also knew things were not as I was seeing them.

Knowing about such things helps one to understand better and find acceptance in being different.  Different is ok!!!  Different means opportunities for growth and expansion of awareness :-)))  

Balance...that is a key word here :-))))  The other aspects of personalities and understanding how they fit together to work together is so important :-)))
Helpful - 0
Isn't that funny...we all have that "melancholy" part to our personalities.  I bet we have that kind of disposition in common with people like...Shakespeare, Joan of Arc, Einstein, Jefferson,Voltaire DaVinci,.....I could list people all day that share our qualities!

Just like tbabisaid:
!Melancholic is a person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent. THINKERS...

We are in good company with the "melancholy"  :)

And as far as how I think that part has effected my spirituality....2 main ways"

I have always been one to appreciate a new dawn breaking when it follows a particularly dark night.....(that is not "twilight inspired" btw lol)

And as a Sanguine, I am a curious optimist.... I am always pretty sure the sun is going to rise come dawn....:) AND I want to figure out as much as I can about how and why....

Helpful - 0
I am a melancholy/Phlegmatic ......a sad sack......lol
Helpful - 0
I am Melancholic/Phlegmatic...

Melancholic is a person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent. THINKERS...

Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.
_____________________________________________________________
But as you said how your temperament fits with my spirituality...

Well I look at the disciple Andrew and I think I am alot like him or so I'm told. I was told this because I am really shy but active in bringing people to Jesus. Although sometimes I behave like Simon Peter lol. But Andrew was a humble and helpful worker in God's kingdom. He was always ready to serve without selfishness and without seeking his own glory and that is what is key to being a Christian..

When I look at each disciple I see that they all had their negative and positive attributes, but God molded them into something that could be used. All their personalities and temperaments fit together to be perfect in bringing people to Christ.

I think it's interesting that we all have individuality. Andrews brother was Simon Peter and we see how their personalities were direct opposites of each other even though they were brothers. It just goes to show that God created us all with individuality and  each of us is to maintain this. No human being is to be the shadow of another human being. God's servants are to labor together in a unity that blends mind with mind. Those who desire to be transformed in mind and character are not to look to men, but to the divine Example. God gives the invitation, "Let  this mind  be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." By conversion and transformation men are to receive the mind of Christ. Every one is to stand before God with an individual faith, an individual experience, knowing for himself that Christ is formed within, the hope of glory. :D
Helpful - 0
Well, i am a "Sanguine Melancholy" according to the test. Yet I am not entirely sure what that means, lol.  I am going to play around on that site and look for definitions of my strengths and weaknesses according to the test.  :)

Cool post Dazon! thanks for sharing it!  :)
Helpful - 0
http://www.oneishy.com/personality/personality_test.php

one site where one can take the temperament test.
Helpful - 0
I always thought of one's temperament as being more in keeping with personality rather than reflective of one's sense of spirituality... but, perhaps there's an interconnection and, it's all one-in-the-same. Yeah... I can go with that flow of thought!

Anyhow, I'm a laid back, easy-going sort of individual... a free spirit, if you will. And, a complete contrast to my strict and stifling Roman Catholic upbringing.
Helpful - 0
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Spirituality Group

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.