Spirituality Community
283 Members

r u happy hippy?

winnie the pooh is happy....what is happiness? check and see.
posted elsewhere but best for here i think...your turn.....
Here are some of my favourite happiness quotes:

Those who can laugh without cause have either found the true meaning of happiness or have gone stark raving mad. ~Norm Papernick

happiness quotes

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed. ~Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard

There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. ~Logan Pearsall Smith, Afterthoughts, 1931

happiness quotes

This is my "depressed stance." When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this. ~Charlie Brown

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. ~Frederick Keonig

Happiness? That's nothing more than health and a poor memory. ~Albert Schweitzer

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. ~Janet Lane

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour. ~Author Unknown

The best vitamin to be a happy person is B1. ~Author Unknown

He is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has. ~Henry Ward Beecher

There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction. ~Salvador Dali

We are no longer happy so soon as we wish to be happier. ~Walter Savage Landor

The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. ~George Bernard Shaw

The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness. ~Eric Hoffer

Cheerfulness is what greases the axles of the world. Don't go through life creaking. ~H.W. Byles

My crown is called content, a crown that seldom kings enjoy. ~William Shakespeare

Ask yourself whether you are happy and you cease to be so. ~John Stuart Mill, Autobiography, 1873

Jumping for joy is good exercise. ~Author Unknown

You cannot always have happiness, but you can always give happiness. ~Author Unknown

One joy scatters a hundred griefs. ~Chinese Proverb

A man's as miserable as he thinks he is. ~Seneca

One filled with joy preaches without preaching. ~Mother Teresa

If you are not happy here and now, you never will be. ~Taisen Deshimaru

The only time I was truly happy was as a child, before I knew what happiness was - or wasn't. ~D.H. Mondfleur

Happiness is a function of accepting what is. ~Werner Erhard

On the whole, the happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so. ~William R. Inge

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Happiness is like the penny candy of our youth: we got a lot more for our money back when we had no money. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy. ~Guilaume Apollinaire

The essence of philosophy is that a man should so live that his happiness shall depend as little as possible on external things. ~Epictetus

Give a man health and a course to steer, and he'll never stop to trouble about whether he's happy or not. ~George Bernard Shaw

But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a man and the life he leads? ~Albert Camus

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. ~Charles Kingsley

Before we set our hearts too much on anything, let us examine how happy are those who already possess it. ~François Duc de La Rochefoucauld

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~Marcel Proust

Got Gratitude?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.