Stem Cell Transplant Community
13 Members

Has anyone else had stem cell treatment for cardiomyopathy?

I'm 51, and have been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy in December of 2012.  When I initially hospitalized, my e.f. was as low as 21%.  It actually went up to 40-45% in August, but now it's back down to 35%, and I have an appointment tomorrow with a stem cell doctor to find out if I'm a candidate.  
My question is: has anyone else here done this and, how are you now? and, how much does it cost?  
I know I'll find out the cost tomorrow, but if someone can answer this for me so I'm not to surprised, I'd be grateful.  I will, in turn, post my experience(s) here as they happen.  
Hi I don't have this experience, but an undiagnosed major viral attack last year brought me to this website and I think the information has helped me.

I think stem cell therapy could bring us solutions.

Please keep us posted on your progress.  Thanks for sharing!
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.