Stem Cell Transplant Community
13 Members

Nonunion femur

Does anyone know if stem cells could heal a nonunion femur? I have had a nonunion femur for twenty five years due to a car wreck. Just wondering about stem cells if their would be a chance that there trying it on bones that don't heal. please write back if anyone has any info on it. Thank you!!!!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to welcome you to the forum.  I know stem cell transplants are used a lot for cancer patients and I think for some autoimmune diseases, but I've never heard of it being used in cases such as yours.  You might check out Fred Hutchinson's cancer center in Seattle.  They have pioneered stem cell transplants and are one of the top transplant facilities in the world.  
Stem Cell Transplant Community
13 Members
20 Questions
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.