Please Help Urgent
Dear Doctor,

I had a road traffic accident 8 yrs back. To sum up my injuries haemorages in both my eyes,Skull Fracture,35 stiches on the back of my head, Nose fracture,both cheek bones fractured,jaw broken Ear fracture,Internal bleeding in ear from brain (CHF Leakage),6 broken Ribs, a punchured lung, internal bleeding in liver,lungs,kidney stomach. Along with These injuries, I also had a spinal cord contusion at D8-D9 level. I was completely without sensation( zero muscle power below waist) for 2 months. Along with extensive physiotherapy, Swimming, Gymnasium and Occupational therapy, I am able to walk totally without support and can walk for 1.5 hrs. at a stretch. I am totally independent except I.e. a Limp in my right leg and tightness in both lower limbs.
I would like to know if I could improve and walk normally or near normally by Stem Cell Therapy.

.
Hello.  I apologize for such a late response to your post.  You have obviously been through a lot and I'm happy to hear you are doing so well.  I am actually not a doctor and don't know a lot about stem cell therapy for injuries, but from a little research I did online, it sounds like there is some promise for the procedure but efficacy is still lacking.  Have you spoke to your doctor about this option and if so, what did they think about it?  

Hi, Thanks for the Response, I actually am from India. I did do a shot of Stem Cell Therapy in 2007. It was the kind where they  Extract Bone Marrow from the Hip bone and inject it back in ur Spine after Treating it. I dont know whether it Helped and to what extent. I was within 2 years of my accident and Was recovering with will power and excercise. So i dont know whether it was my Natural course of recovery or the Stem Cell supplemented it.Please let me know if you know any countries for sure or Hospitals which have had success cases.  Which country are yyou from??
I live in the United States.  You might check out Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA.  I believe they were the first pioneers for stem cell transplants and they might be able to help you, even if you don't have cancer.  Here is a link to get you started in your research:

https://www.fhcrc.org/en/treatment/treatment-research.html

If they will only work with cancer patients, you might email them and see if they can refer you somewhere else.  Good luck and keep me posted on your progress.

NO, absolutely not!  Anyone who says different is lying or misinformed.

Stem cells are only used in cancer patients in the US.  You could go to some shady oversees clinic but they would just rip you off and may cause you harm.