Stress Community

Depression

How can I get treatment in Florida for my depression? I am unemployed and have no insurance. Things are getting very bad.
If you don't qualify for unemployment, you can try applying for S.S.I. (at your local social security office) and /or the Department of Social and Health services ... even if you can't get help from these agencies, alot of time they have resources and can point you in the right direction. Also, you can check around for clinic's that work on a 'sliding scale,' you pay according to your income. Try googling these clinic's online, in your city and neighboring ones as well. If that doesn't work out then you can always call around to some doctors offices - they would probably know of sliding scale clinic's and could point you in the right direction. I am sorry for your troubles ... I truly hope that you will find the help that you need! Take care ...
when i had depression and lived in fl i went through mental health department.i seen phychiatrist and therapist and the meds i was put on were all free but this was in marion county ocala area.some times in the local paper there is like groups like exampl aa na and such and some times there is listing for groups at churches for depression eating disorder different types of groups ,hope this helps you as well as the other comment replied back to you and wish you good health
Hoping you are OK.. Qualify for DSHS????? They can get you hooked up with a case worker/social worker that can get you pointed in the right direction if it has not been handled.Some companies are willing to give meds at a super reduced rate or....