A
A
A
Close
Stress Community
1.39k Members
15915009 tn?1488868338

Stress & School

I'm in my last year of high school and have homework each night (with the few instances of no homework days). I'm doing 4 academics (unless you count French as one) and have dance and volunteering on my plate to complete my grad requirements. Can get a bit stressful at times. Any suggestions to make time please? Thanks in advance
4 Responses
10726861 tn?1412304012
maybe if you have volunteering say 4 times a week you can cut it down to 2 times a week its your last year of all that high school stuff dont worry it will be over soon then you will have the freedom to make your own time hang in there :)
15439126 tn?1444443163
Sleep, is your most important asset when overworked (else, your efficiency may plummet and you will fail one or more of your courses).  

Cut back on TV/PC/videogames to ensure you're getting ample sleep.  At your age, at least eight hours of good quality sleep.

You may have taken on too much, and have to drop one or two discretionary school activities.

We all have 24 hours, from billionaires to street beggars, no one has one second longer.  

It's how we use our time that makes us different.  Some things like homework, can be done in bits and pieces (so, carry a task with you so that when you're at loose ends to fill your time, you can plug away at some homework task).  Make more minutes of your day count for something rather than frittering them away.
15915009 tn?1488868338
I'm currently volunteering 1x a week (2 hours) and dancing 3x a week (1 - 1 1/2 hours). I'm at least getting 8 hours a sleep each night, 9 hours if I'm lucky and don't have too much time for any TV/Video Games.

I've already quit soccer for a year since I didn't have any time and am wanting to do my school's spring play (if there will be one). I'm not really good at managing time.
Hey

You're almost there, almost done. Just  make it work now and in a few months you're going to graduate. I know you're having a hard time but it's all about sacrifice. Create a schedule so you have something to follow it would really be beneficial if you can commit to your schedule. You'll have plenty of time to utilize. Don't burnout yourself, take breaks and unwind sometimes but also don't enjoy too much. You can do that once you graduate.
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.