Stress Induced Psoriasis

This is probably mis-posted.  Apologies all around.  My skin has become an issue I never had to think about before.  It started at the back of my head and slowly migrated to my neck.  Itchy, dry, flaky patches.  Now it's also in the crook of my left elbow.  The back of my head can yield scabs or flakes the size of the end of a cigarette.  It feels like someone is stabbing me with needles back there.  A friend who did home care told me it was stress induced psoriasis.  If anyone has any ideas or help with home treatments, I would be very grateful.  I have been avoiding seeing a doctor, I kept expecting this to clear up naturally, but it hasn't.
you NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR no one on here can tell you wat to do for your health it just could be a rash but you need to see one and if you want to talk i am almost always online take care