Stress and Anxiety

I think I suffer from GAD. But havnt been diagnosed with it. I get these spells... I get paranoid for some reason, my legs start shaking.. my arms.. and I get into this downward spiral of FEAR.  And I don't know why I feel like this. My life isnt that stressful. I'm only 24 years old.. and don't know why this is happening.

I saw a Dr. a about 6 months ago b/c of my 1st spell, he told me it was anxiety...
he put me on lexapro 10mg.

I think it helped at 1st, I'd go a month feeling great, then BAM, id have this anxiety and it lasts for a week or 2. This is my 5th relapse of this feeling and its DRAINING ME EMOTIONALLY.

It makes me feel like I'm going crazy. And all I can do is THINK ABOUT IT and the symptoms... and it makes me worry more... and all I can think is "am I going to have to suffer from this the rest of my life?" "Will this feeling go a way again like it has in the past and come back in a month?"

It's terrible. I used to be able to come home from work and sleep... now I'm constantly wired and anxious and fearful... it just sucks.

I took myself off the lexapro a little over a month ago, and I was feeling great after all the side effects of withdrawal went away... then it came back about a week ago.

I've been feeling like this for about 7 days now... parinoid stomach feeling and shaky...

I'm going to start seeing a therapist this week or next, he thinks I'm just a constant worrier.
He thinks cognitive thinking will help me.
I hope so. I wanna kick this naturally without meds.

I want my life back.

any thoughts or suggestions? thanks guys. I'm hanging in there.

-Chris-

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

I've found a interesting site full of articles about anxiety and stress.
Maybe it can help you...
Here the link : http://www.****.com
Helpful - 0
I know exactly how you feel. Except I have it  24/7 except when im sleeping. Im only 22yrs old and I feel like its taking over my life. I have a feeling that its all in my head, that if I just change my negative thought process, it'll just go away, but its not that simple. I try to stay away from meds b/c of the side effects and everything. Whenever my anxiety is bad which its usually at its peak in social situations I feel very  shaky all over and consumed with worry and fear.. Im so fearful for like no reason at all its ridiculus.

I went to the local health food store and came across - L-theanine Relaxation tea, it comes in a little bottle with a dropper, I put like 3 or 4 full drops in a cup of green tea and I drink that atleast 3 times daily, it helps me calm down tremendously- and there are no side effects, except you might feel a little tired from it, but its really worth it. The name brand is "herbaSway" and make sure it says "suntheanine" on the bottle-its  supposed to be the best.It probably comes in other name brands-but thats the one I buy. It comes in capsules too, but the capsules did nothing for me. You can try it or not, just a suggestion which works for me. If you do try it, I hope it works for you as good as it does for me. Anyways, I wish you the best, I know its a struggle but hang in there- you'll get through this.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community