Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
358304 tn?1409709492

Stress and Anxiety

I think I suffer from GAD. But havnt been diagnosed with it. I get these spells... I get paranoid for some reason, my legs start shaking.. my arms.. and I get into this downward spiral of FEAR.  And I don't know why I feel like this. My life isnt that stressful. I'm only 24 years old.. and don't know why this is happening.

I saw a Dr. a about 6 months ago b/c of my 1st spell, he told me it was anxiety...
he put me on lexapro 10mg.

I think it helped at 1st, I'd go a month feeling great, then BAM, id have this anxiety and it lasts for a week or 2. This is my 5th relapse of this feeling and its DRAINING ME EMOTIONALLY.

It makes me feel like I'm going crazy. And all I can do is THINK ABOUT IT and the symptoms... and it makes me worry more... and all I can think is "am I going to have to suffer from this the rest of my life?" "Will this feeling go a way again like it has in the past and come back in a month?"

It's terrible. I used to be able to come home from work and sleep... now I'm constantly wired and anxious and fearful... it just sucks.

I took myself off the lexapro a little over a month ago, and I was feeling great after all the side effects of withdrawal went away... then it came back about a week ago.

I've been feeling like this for about 7 days now... parinoid stomach feeling and shaky...

I'm going to start seeing a therapist this week or next, he thinks I'm just a constant worrier.
He thinks cognitive thinking will help me.
I hope so. I wanna kick this naturally without meds.

I want my life back.

any thoughts or suggestions? thanks guys. I'm hanging in there.

-Chris-

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi,

I've found a interesting site full of articles about anxiety and stress.
Maybe it can help you...
Here the link : http://www.****.com
Helpful - 0
404138 tn?1308941656
I know exactly how you feel. Except I have it  24/7 except when im sleeping. Im only 22yrs old and I feel like its taking over my life. I have a feeling that its all in my head, that if I just change my negative thought process, it'll just go away, but its not that simple. I try to stay away from meds b/c of the side effects and everything. Whenever my anxiety is bad which its usually at its peak in social situations I feel very  shaky all over and consumed with worry and fear.. Im so fearful for like no reason at all its ridiculus.

I went to the local health food store and came across - L-theanine Relaxation tea, it comes in a little bottle with a dropper, I put like 3 or 4 full drops in a cup of green tea and I drink that atleast 3 times daily, it helps me calm down tremendously- and there are no side effects, except you might feel a little tired from it, but its really worth it. The name brand is "herbaSway" and make sure it says "suntheanine" on the bottle-its  supposed to be the best.It probably comes in other name brands-but thats the one I buy. It comes in capsules too, but the capsules did nothing for me. You can try it or not, just a suggestion which works for me. If you do try it, I hope it works for you as good as it does for me. Anyways, I wish you the best, I know its a struggle but hang in there- you'll get through this.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.