Stress Community

Stress fracture

7 months ago I was out running when my foot cracked, i didn't roll it or step on un-even ground. I put my foot down as i would any other time. After having an X-Ray, I was told I had a stress fracture at the base of the fifth metatarsal, apparently a common injury for active people & military recruits. I am currently in the military and regularly exercise. I am currently in the process of making a compensation claim for the injury, but because the injury was not sustained while on active duty i cannot receive compensation. My argument is that because it is a stress injury caused by my active job, that is the reason why the bone fractured. Can anyone give me any advice on how best to appeal the decision?
Many thanks.
You do not say which country you are in.

You would need to speak with someone who specialises in this area to find out whether you have a case.  

You should have a contract that you signed when you joined the military, so it may be a good idea to read through that to see if there are any clauses with regard to injuries.