A
A
A
Close
Stress Community
1.38k Members

nausea, headache, lightheadedness

Hello dear doctors,
I am a man, aged thirty. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. I also practice sport regularly. About three months ago, I had a lot of work, so I stayed up late for three or two nights. Immediately afterwards, I fell sick. The symptoms I had are the following: vomiting, dizziness, slight pain in my heart, and diarrhea. I could not even drink water, and I lost a bit weight. I visited a general practitioner who told me that it was due to fatigue, stress, or food poisoning. He prescribed multivitamins (effervescent), medicine containing magnesium, and some capsules for the stomach. After a week I felt better.
Almost a month and half later, I fell sick again, but this time it was very serious. I almost DIED. I had the same symptoms, except diarrhea. It was the most horrible experience I went through.
I visited the same general practitioner. He examined me again: no blood pressure, no anemia, no diabetes, no heart problems (connected my hands, legs and chest to a machine), my leg jerked when he tapped my knee with a rubber hammer, After almost 10 days, I felt better.
Now it has been two months after the second time I fell sick, but some time during the day (maybe once or twice a day), I feel a bit lightheaded and a slight. At times I feel nauseous.
I live alone and far away from my family. No one to rescue me if something bad happens. I don’t know what to do. Any recommendations please? Thank you so much in advance.
7 Responses
In addition to what you say you suffered from, do you suffer any of the following?

* Headache
    * Vision loss, particularly loss of peripheral vision  
    *  Body hair loss
    * Sexual dysfunction
    * Increased frequency and amount of urination

Please advise.
1530171 tn?1448133193
Hi coperno.

Shakiness
Nervousness or anxiety
Sweating, chills and clamminess
Irritability or impatience
Confusion, including delirium
Rapid/fast heartbeat
Lightheadedness or dizziness
Hunger and nausea
Sleepiness
Blurred/impaired vision
Tingling or numbness in the lips or tongue
Headaches
Weakness or fatigue
Anger, stubbornness, or sadness
Lack of coordination
Nightmares or crying out during sleep
Seizures
Unconsciousness

The above are hypoglycemia symptoms.
Most of your symptoms are in that list. (you don't need all of them if you are hypoglycemic) Your doctor has to use
3 criteria( known as Whipple's Triad, if you want to look it up online)
to diagnose or rule this out.

Best wishes.
Niko

Don't forget that most people here are not doctors but patients or former patients that have gone through illnesses and are sharing their experiences
no, i have none of these symptoms.
thank you
thank you
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
80052 tn?1550346932
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.