social anxiety stress.

I really don't know how to overcome this.  Whenever i have to interact with people i get really fatigue, muscle tension and brain dead.  I was feeling fine this morning working alone doing things I enjoy, as soon as I got a phone call, I decided to answer it and face my fears, but the whole time on them phone I felt very bored and I started getting really tired. Yesterday I went to this thing called (MAPS) Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies with my boyfriend, I was trying to make small talk but I started to get those same symptoms and felt debilitated.   How do I stop these stress symptoms?
Look at your spirituality.  I used to be very shy and uncomfortable in social situations.  I have found Jesus Christ to be my Savior.  He helps me now in eveything I do!
I also experience this from time to time. What seems to help me is that I try to think of something that makes me smile or laugh. Now if I think of something that makes me laugh, I only let the smile show so that people won't think I'm nuts, :-). When I do this, it gives me a pick me upper and I am able to take my mind off me and on to what I am suppose to be focusing on. Hope this helps.

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community