Stroke Community

Alcohol post Stroke

I am 35 years old and had an ischemic stroke a few weeks back. We aren't sure when it happened only that it did. Came after bouts of daily headaches and stress. I have normal BP and my cholesterol was slightly elevated but nothing significant.  I had every heart test and everything was fine. They have me on 325mg of aspirin a day as well as 80mg of Lipitor and a multivitamin.
My question is - not that I plan to get drunk or anything, but is it ok to occasionally drink? And when I say drink I dont mean getting sloppy drunk but I would like to know if its ok to have a few every now and then ( more than 2 ). I am not an alcoholic or anything but we do alot of activities in the summer and fall that include alcohol from time to time. The doc said its ok to have one or two but I want other input
Don't worry, your body will tell you if you can't have more than a few. I occasionally have about four glasses of wine spread out over a whole evening. So not drunk. But I still get a hangover the next day, a definite signal that this is really not o.k. It also has to do with my chronic fatigue. But you might be different. Good luck!
(I had a cva 2 years ago and am reasonably recovered. No overt signs on the outside)