Stroke Community

Aneurysm on basilar artery

I recently spent ten days in the Neuro ICU with a vertebral artery dissection and a subarachnoid hemorrhage. Diagnosis was Hunt Hess 2. The CTA also showed an aneurysm on the basilar artery about 4.5mm in size. The location is pretty tricky, and my neurologist does not want to touch it. He suggested that I go for a second opinion and recommended the Barrow Institute. Are there any other centers of excellence I should consider? What about Johns Hopkins and Mayo? I am also a German citizen and could go to Europe for treatment and surgery.  Are there any clinics there that I should consider?
Hello there,

I have also a basilar tip aneurysm 4mm in size and will be getting coilled early next year. I will have mine done in Germany in Heidelberg. They treat 300 paitients per year I suggest you ask their opinion as well. Good luck!