Stroke Community

Cerebellum Stroke

My husband had a cerebellum stoke on May 22 2008. He has movement in arms and legs and fingers and toes, double vision,can not speak and swallowing is poor. He is on constant oxygen and has had a set back with pneumonia from apirating secretions. They put in a mini trach, and he is now home with me as bed ridden and with home health care and my care. I refused nursing home. He was doing somewhat better in acute rehab, but on the retun for the pneumonia, one of the transport people who took him for xray, brought him back and put the oxygen on wrong, where he got too much co2, The resperatory therapist caught it but he has not rebounded well yet from it. Any one know what that can do and if so how to treat it?
Hi my father suffered from the same case , he's rehabilitating its been almost 2 years he's getting better he walks with a cane , he's dizzy all the time , he gets anxious and starts closing and opening his eyes. But he gets very depressed and asks me all the time if he'll ever get well , if he'll ever stop feeling so dizzy and I don't know what to say to him . Doctors tell me that it could take a year or even forever before the dizziness goes away. I see your post is from last year . how's your husband ? if there any advice you can give me i will appreciate it a lot . thank you