Aa
A
A
A
Close
Stroke Community
3.22k Members

Does this make sense

My husband ha a stroke 2 weeks ago but had a CT and was sent home the next day one night at home and he couldn't walk the next day I phoned 999 again they sent another paramedic out who said he was fine and the GPS who said the same hospital diagnosis was acute sinus and middle ear infection following Tuesday I went to pieces at the surgery he visited my husband and told us to go to AECU there they did an MRI and said he has had a stroke started him on aspirin and cholesterol tablets and sent him home again next 48 hours no visit or phone calls I had to chase up the stroke nurse who had no information about him then they phoned to say they would be over on Monday he has a never-ending headache and one side of his head and face is still numb how do we know if the 11 day delay has made things worse and is the numbness normal it's like he's invisible?
1 Responses
Hi, I am a 47-year-old female, who had a mild stroke last Tuesday, 11/24/15.  I walked in at Kaiser Hospital ER with a 225/112 bp...I was still conscious and walking normal as people described it.  I was sent home the next day but with 4 medications which included Lisinopril, Lipitor (cholesterol), Aspirin, Amlodipine, which I will be taking for life..sad but true.

I suppose people like your husband and myself have a different way of taking the stroke into our system.  Like what the doctors told me, I am lucky, that I am able to walk, no speech problems and my right arm and leg are well.

Please see a doctor soon.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499301793
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease