Stroke Community

Drug induced strokes

Is it possible for drugs to cause a stroke(mini)?  My aunt suffered a stroke after starting on the antibiotic Tequin and she wanted me to do some research for her...she had the confusion that is one of the side effects and then she had trouble speaking.  MRI and catscan were both negative, but her neurologist felt that she had had a minor stroke. The speech problem has completely been resolved and she is in rehab for her right leg...her neurologist says that she will make a full recovery.  She does have a rather long list of ailments..she is 62 and diabetic, congestive heart failure and obese to name a few and on an extensive list of medications.  She was admitted in the hospital for an UTI and the ER started her on Tequin which when her doctor came in, immediately called the nurse and told her to stop it right away....she stated in front of my relatives that she wished they would take the drug out of their hospital formulary and stop using altogether.  I would appreciate any general opinion that you could give me.  Thanks.
I had stroke 5 years ago. 2007.  Age 46 -Where is ..... I cannot write - I am understand brain.    Aphasia     Sentence bad.  Clearwater, Fl.  People sproke talk for we - SORRY