Stroke Community

Effects of stroke or aging?

I'm a 79 year old female who had led an active life till two years ago when I had a stroke that paralyzed much of my right side. I spent a month in a rehab facility, a month of home treatment,and a month at a treatment center. I can now do about 75 % of what I had been able to do; walk a block, play 9 holes of golf, stand on my feet long enought to prepare a meal, dry and curl my hair.
Three months ago a spent a week in the hospital because of a TIA that I have no recollection of, atrial fibrillation, pnuemonia, and a bladder infection. Since I've returned home I have little desire to go grocery shopping, play cards,entertain, or visit friends,  I'm content to do "nothing" and wish I didn't have to do anything, except read , knit and nap.
Is my personality change part of the aging process, or should I blame it on my stroke?