Stroke Community

Husband Suffered TIAs Several Years Ago...Should We Still Worry?

I am posting because I have recently been gripped with anxiety about my husband's health and am looking for support. Husband was diagnosed with a prothrombin gene mutation (causes excessive clotting) back in early 2012, when he was 32, after suffering a TIA. else. Many members of his immediate and extended family were subsequently tested and are positive as well.  He woke up slurring speech and asked me to call an ambulance, but the slurring stopped immediately and the only lasting effect was weakness in one hand, which resolved completely within 24 hours (and was not visible to the observer).

Three years prior to that he had what we now believe was a brain stem stroke or TIA, but what was diagnosed as an inner ear problem or vertigo at the time. On this occasion, he was at work, feeling fine, and was suddenly gripped by dizziness and nausea. He vomited several times and was unable to stand. His co-workers called an ambulance and he spent the day in the E.R. Vomiting resolved fairly quickly, but he was not able to stand and walk on his own for several hours (this may have been complicated by the medicines he was given in the E.R., including large doses of valium, inexplicably). MRI and brain scan showed one "old" lacunar infarct in his brain, but nothing
else.

My question: I feel extremely anxious about this, all the time, although my husband is now in excellent health at age 36. He takes Plavix (Clopidogrel Bisulfate) and Zocor (Simvastatin), as well as Baby Aspirin every day. He has a large build-weighing about 250 lbs at 6'2 but eats heathfully, doesn't drink excessively or smoke, uses no illegal drugs and exercises 3-4 times weekly. His blood pressure is healthy. With the diagnosis of the gene mutation and subsequent medication, his neurologist has said he shouldn't have future events. But I can't shake the consistent anxiety over his health. The only thing he could really change in terms of lifestyle is to lose some weight, but since he doesn't eat an unhealthy diet, and he exercises consistently, I fear that he may just have a larger frame/ build (most men in his family do). His doc said he could certainly lose some weight if he wanted to, but didn't seem particularly concerned about this. Should I be overly concerned, or is his prognosis good?