Stroke Forum

I may be suffering from mild strokes.

I occasionally will suffer from loss of feeling on my right arm. This is ongoing for the past 5 years. After the first year, it started reaching slightly to my legs and to my face... all on the right side only. I went to doctors, who referred me to sleep doctors (when I said I also don't have enough energy sometimes) and told me to take an MRI scan to check that it wasn't a nerve blockage problem. Even after the money and time spent, they gave me no direct diagnosis.

The doctors said they cannot explain my condition. They said the MRI scan cleared out, showing no indication that any nerves were blocked. That was when I gave up finding out. I didn't know where to start looking until my best friend brought up that it might be a mild stroke. I looked up the symptoms and it seems just about right. How do I know for sure? Is there anything that I can do for it?
Hi Toria ,
It may not be a mild stroke since a stroke can be diagnosed by an MRI and a stroke has associated nervous system symptoms like vertigo , slurred speech , double vision and others .There are various other causes of muscle weakness on one side of the body . They are muscle stimulation disorders , peripheral nerve disorders , nerve impingement in the spine . Did you go for an MRI spine with contrast ? Please go for EMG and nerve conduction study on the affected side  along with MRI spine if not already done . Please consult an orthopaedic surgeon and neurologist for the diagnosis and treatment . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !  

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease