A
A
A
Close
Stroke Community
3.21k Members
1266422 tn?1270242816

Invisible stroke?

I'm 16 years old and i'eve had 5 mini-strokes. But the weird thing is that i would also get migraines and like flashing strobe lights before they hit. These mini-strokes happened right after I ate a hot-dog believe it or not. I had them periodically for 3 years. I thought of botulism, listeria, and stroke. Stroke was the most prominent one I thought about because of the numbness on the left side of my body, lack of speech and delirious hallucinations. I'm completely lost as to what this condition is. Help?
1 Responses
The nitrites in the hot dog could have brought on your migraines. Did you go to the ER and get a CAT scan for your strokes? My stroke was very much like a migraine, in fact I had two brain bleeds and I thought the first one was a migraine and treated it like one with migraine meds. During one of my MRI's of my noggin the Dr said she could tell from the MRI that I was a migraine sufferer.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921 tn?1499305393
Queen Creek, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease