Stroke Community

Ischemic Stroke Recovery Timeframe?- 35 yr old F

Hello, I had an ischemic stroke on 8/6/14.  No long-term side effects, luckily. They promptly took me off the birth control pill, which I had been on for 17 years, and also told me I had a PFO. I started taking 20 mgs of Xarelto as a blood-thinner. I got married on 9/27/14, and was feeling pretty good before the wedding despite some trouble adjusting to the drug (a constant "hovering" feeling). The dizziness had gone away to the point where I pretty much felt normal.

Right after the wedding, I started feeling dizzy (like my equilibrium was constantly off) much of the time and tired. It continued over the course of my honeymoon. I do feel better when I get a good night's sleep and worse when I sleep poorly. I also get tired very quickly.

My question is, why is it that I was feeling better but now feel bad again? Is this normal in the course of stroke recovery? I thought the dizziness was supposed to clear by now but don't really know what to expect.

I know that periods of stress/extreme activity can cause the old symptoms to come out again, so this is likely what is happening, but how long will it take before I am back to my old self?