Stroke Community

Migranes after a stroke

I had a mild stroke in March 2009. Is there a medication or treatment for migranes with stroke symtoms, numbness, speech slurring and dizziness for someone who had a stroke.  I am having neck and back therapy to relieve tightness but that is about it.  I am seeing a nearolgist and internist but so for no luck and the headaches won't go away.
Cat scans do not reveal any new strokes.  Headaches are getting worse and I am getting fatigued from having to
fight the symtoms all day.
I to suffered from migranes after my stroke.  A lot to due with it was muscle in balance in my neck pulling on one side of my neck up into my tmj.  Ask your dentist to check your jaw, you might be grinding or clenching your teeth which will cause TMJ disorders.  Do you have pain in the temporal muscle on the side of your head? Read about Tmj...Good luck. Tom